Customise the Toolbars
You can change the size and position of toolbars and the Menu bar on the screen and change which buttons are displayed on the Standard toolbar.
You can also display smaller icons on the Standard toolbar or turn off any of the toolbars to give you more room to see page content.
To show/hide toolbars
- From the View menu, select the toolbar to hide/display
A tick next to the toolbar name indicates it is displayed.
To customise the Standard toolbar
- From the View menu, select Toolbars then Customize…
The Customize Toolbar dialogue box is displayed.
- From the Available toolbar buttons: box, select the button to add
- Click Add ->
- From the Current toolbar buttons: box, select the button to remove
- Click <- Remove
- To save space on-screen, from the Text options: box, select No text labels and from the Icon options: box, select Small icons
- Click Close
To customise the Outlook Express toolbar
- Select either the Inbox or News Server icon depending on which toolbar you want to customise
Note: Toolbar settings for the Mail and Newsreader programs are stored separately.
- From the View menu, select Layout…
The Window Layout Properties dialogue box is displayed.
- Click Customize Toolbar…
- Follow the instructions above to customise toolbar display
Tip: You can use the Window Layout Properties dialogue box to hide or display other screen elements, such as the Preview Pane.
To move/resize toolbars
You can use drag-and-drop to move and resize toolbars. You cannot do this if the toolbars are locked however. If the toolbars are locked, the Move/Resize handle is not displayed.
- If necessary, to unlock the toolbars from the View menu, select Lock the toolbars
- On the toolbar, click the Move/Resize handle and hold down the mouse button
- Drag the toolbar up or down to put it alongside another toolbar
- Drag the toolbar left or right to position it and to resize it