Setting NTLMv2 authentication on AD in windows 2003

Hi:

I am working on a project in VS2008, Windows7, using IE8. I recently discovered the IE8 Developer Tools which are very helpful. I am currently making a lot of display changes in my css and testing my changes. Initially, the clear browser cache was clearing my css each time so I could assure that I was testing with my latest css each time. Somewhere along the way, the clear browser cache has stopped clearing my css. I found a post that suggested that I rebuild my indexes, tried this, and it worked. But rebuilding indexes on my test system takes 40 minutes.

Here’s what I am doing:

1. Change my css in VS2008 and save the updated css.
2. In IE8, hit F12 to bring up the Developer Tools, then perform clear browser cache.
3. In VS2008, hit F5 to build project and test.
4. When I run the test, the display does not reflect my updated css.
5. While in the browser display which reflects older css, I hit F12 again to bring up the Developer Tools, select css, and display the currently loaded css. This css does not have my most recent changes which tells me that the clear browser cache in step #2 is not longer clearing out the old css (otherwise why does the css display in developer tools show a much older version of my css).
6. I have tried starting / stopping IIS – same problem.
7. I have tried to also use the IE8 tools to delete temporary files – same problem.

Can anyone suggest why my clear browser cache has stopped clearing CSS? The MSDN site simply says clear browser cache, but that does not work on my development system. Also, in a development environment, has anyone figured out an easy to implement method to make sure you are always testing with the most up to date css in a VS2008 environment (using debug mode – F5) as having to go through these extra steps before every test seems like such an inefficient process.

Thanks, Dan

Are there any other programs, proxies (though it is local), firewalls etc that might cache  pages?It doesn’t seem relevant in your case but there is an issue if you dynamically add CSS as the dev tools  don’t update dynamically and the tabs have to be updated. To cause HTML and CSS to update in the HTML tab you can press the refresh button which is the 5th icon from the left or you can press F5 (make sure the toolbar has focus!).

Are there any other programs, proxies (though it is local), firewalls etc that might cache  pages?It doesn’t seem relevant in your case but there is an issue if you dynamically add CSS as the dev tools  don’t