Cannot open a Project Server 2010 plan in Project 2010 Professional

I have just installed Project Server 2010 and have been testing it.  I have created some project plans in Project Professional 2010 on my destop and published them to Project server successfully.  The problem is that I cannot open them in Project
Professional 2010 from Project Web Access.  The steps I have taken are:

I go to Project Web Access (PWA) and select “Project Center” I then select a project I choose “open” from the ribbon and then “In Project Professional for editing”
PWA then stops working Project Professional starts The result If Project Professional is not open then it opens but nothing is loaded. If Project Professional is open then a message is displayed: “Project cannot recognize this file format  Do you want to open this file as text only?”
If I select yes then I need to map the columns and I do not know what needs to be mapped
If I click “No” then I get a message that the file name may be wrong, the format may be wrong or it may be a format earlier than Project 98.

Also when I try to edit a plan and Project is open Project loses the ability for me to click the “X” to close the window.

Can anyone help?

Hi,For your point #8 The cause of this issue is that you don’t have the Server URL in your IE Trusted Sites zone. Try to add the Project Server URL into Trusted Zone.Hope this solves your issue!Uttkarsh

Uttkarsh,That worked a treat.cheers,Al